This week we have a super important topic, on how to properly removed your makeup after a long day wearing it!
There are few type of Makeup Remover that we need to know existed in the market, some of it are:
1. Water based makeup remover, known as Micellar Water
2. Oil Based makeup remover
WATER BASED REMOVER
If you are wearing a light makeup, using a micellar water is enough to remove the makeup.
OIL BASED REMOVER
If you are wearing a heavy makeup (a foundation is already consider heavy) you definitely need an oil based makeup remover to to properly removed the makeup.
Which remover is best to your skin ?
Does it mean my oily skin does not suit the oil based makeup remover?
The answer is, it depends on the thickness of your makeup!
Alright, now lets take a look at the step and what you need to properly removed your makeup.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PROPERLY REMOVED YOUR MAKEUP?
1. A makeup remover oil/water based depending on your makeup thickness
2. A cotton bud and cotton pad
3. A Cleanser
4. A Face Toner
WHAT IS THE STEP TO PROPERLY REMOVED YOUR MAKEUP?
To completely removed your makeup that has long wear/waterproof/foundation, the best is using the oil based makeup remover. If you are wearing a light makeup, you can just used the micellar water to removed the makeup.
1. On the eye, never rub your eye area, gently pad in 30seconds -1minute to completely removed the eye makeup
2. Use cotton bud, to removed the small eye area with micellar water.
3. Used a cotton pad to removed the face area. The best is to soak the cotton pad with remover and gently press down on face and slowly on next area, not to rub all your face.
4. On lips, it is best to use oil based if you are using a waterproof lipstick, if not a micellar water is enough to removed the lipstick.
5. After you are done with the remover, first go wash you face with a water. The best is you can wash with warm water to properly removed all the left makeup. If not a tap water is fine.
6. Next is take your cleanser and wash your face as usual.
7. Next is gently wipe your face with a clean towel, and use a toner and wipe your face or gently pat on skin. A toner act as 2 thing, first is to completely take out all other left makeup and product and second is to shrink your pores.
And that is all.. you have a properly removed makeup routine for the day and your face is now clean!
Please removed your makeup properly as it will give a bad effect on skin in short and long term.
Good luck and happy trying!
see you on next post.